Can I Grow My Own Kratom
These days, more and more patients are turning to natural alternatives, medicines and supplements that will heal ailments and prevent disease without the unnerving, lengthy list of side effects that accompanies so many pharmaceutical medications. At first, most people were content to purchase prepared powders and capsules from health stores, but as interest continues to grow, some patients are eager to try their hand at the most traditional method of treating illness: planting, cultivating, and harvesting their herbal remedies right in the comfort of their own home.
Bali Red Vein Kratom Capsules$19.95 Shop Now
Bali 10x Kratom Extract Capsules$24.95 Shop Now
- On Sale
Maeng Da White Vein Kratom Powder
Bali Red Vein Kratom Powder$14.95 Shop Now
Bali White Vein Kratom Capsules$19.95 Shop Now
Bali 10x Kratom Extract Powder$19.95 Shop Now
Maeng Da Red Vein Kratom Capsules$22.95 Shop Now
Maeng Da Red Vein Kratom Powder$17.95 Shop Now
We’ve seen this trend take off with cannabis; online and storefront companies have begun selling cannabis seeds alongside the prepared flowers, edibles and concentrates, affording patients the opportunity to become truly self-sufficient in their treatment plans. It’s understandable, then, that chronic pain patients and those recovering from opioid dependence using kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) are wondering if they can grow kratom at home, as well.
The simple answer to this question is: no, not easily. Given advancements in technology which can simulate the perfect conditions, these days it is possible to grow almost anything in any part of the world. However, the general consensus is that cultivating kratom trees in North America is more trouble than it’s worth.
That said, people have tried it, and some have made it work. Here are some of the issues they face, and the possible ways to overcome them:
- Seed freshness. People who’ve attempted to grow kratom know the seeds need to be extremely fresh. Often those sold on this continent are too old or dried out to even germinate, much less grow into a viable plant (even if they were just shipped from Asia). If you can hunt down seeds that are fresh enough, it’s still likely you’ll need to germinate a lot of them to get one or two to sprout.
- Climate. Kratom trees are native to tropical rainforests, which means they like moisture, warmth, and humidity. They also grow under the canopy cover of other trees, so they don’t like constant, direct sunlight. In order to imitate the growing conditions of the Mitragyna speciosa tree, you need to recreate a tropical rainforest.
- Time. Assuming you find seeds that are fresh enough to germinate, and you correctly recreate the ideal kratom-growing climate, it will take about a year before you have enough leaves to harvest.
- Harvest quantity. You may choose to ingest the leaves of your kratom tree fresh or dried. If you are drying your leaves and crushing or powdering them (resulting in a product similar to what is sold by Original Harvest, remember that a 2g leaf will only result in about 0.5g of powder, once the moisture has evaporated. That means, for an average patient, a single low-level dose will require about 6 kratom leaves. If your tree is small or does not have many leaves, your harvest is not going to last very long.
- Alkaloids. The quantity and ratio of the alkaloids that develop in kratom leaves is dependant on all the factors noted above. There is no way to know how potent your home-grown kratom leaves will be, or what effects they will offer, until you try them. Some kratom gardeners have found their personal stock is quite weak.
From the research we have done, it seems most people who choose to grow their own kratom trees do so either to address an interest in botany, or to use the leaves sporadically as a recreational substance.
HornedRed Vein Kratom
- Speed: Moderate
- Effect: Mild Sedative
- Time of Day: Afternoon / Evening
- Can Treat: Pain, Anxiety
ThaiGreen Vein Kratom
- Speed: Moderate
- Effect: Mild Stimulant
- Time of Day: Morning / Afternoon
- Can Treat: Fatigue, Pain
RiauWhite Vein Kratom
- Speed: Fast
- Effect: Stimulant
- Time of Day: Morning
- Can Treat: Fatigue, Depression, Apathy
If you require a daily dose of kratom to treat chronic pain, help you manage an opioid addiction, or for any other therapeutic reasons, we would recommend choosing a reputable vendor and buying your kratom ready-to-use.
At Original Harvest, we’re proud to offer more than 50 different kratom strains from all across Southeast Asia, including Red, Green, and White Vein strains, and Yellow varieties as well.
Choose Original Harvest to experience the benefits of this healing, all-natural plant without any of the effort required to cultivate and harvest it! Our product descriptions clearly identify the most common effects and potencies of our kratom strains, and our 30-day money-back guarantee ensures you will always find the best strain of kratom powder or kratom capsules for you.